Feather Flag Bases | Options with Guide
Sailflags offer a wide range of base options. Friendly staff are on hand to help you make the right choice, according to how you will be using the flags.
The fillable bases can be filled with sand or water (or a mixture of both)
1. Standard Fillable
2. Ground spike
3. Large fillable white
4. Large fillable black
5. Drive over ‘A’
6. Drive over ‘B’
7. Cross base
8. Small flat metal white
9. Small flat metal black
10. Walltop rotating
11. 30° wall bracket
12. Parallel wall bracket
13. Large flat metal
14. Concrete white
15. Concrete black
16. Large fillable
17. Pole extensions
18. Log base
Flag Base Guide
If you need any help choosing the best base option for your flags, please let us know when you make the initial enquiry. Our guide below provides some useful information to help you make an informed decision.
- A fillable base is the most versatile option, as they are light to carry without water in, weigh up to 20kg full (with water or water, sand mix), and can also be used indoors or outside. Please note: We do not recommend storing or transporting water-filled bases as they are not fitted with water seals and are prone to leak. They are absolutely fine, however, when used outside premises. We recommend emptying water-filled bases used at shows and events at the end when you are packing up.
- A ground spike is another straightforward solution for outdoor events. Please note: You will need a rubber mallet to secure them in the ground.
- Flat metal bases provide the sleekest and professional look, but they are relatively heavy.
- Concrete bases provide a sturdy outdoor solution but will be difficult to move.
- Cross bases are neat and tidy but often require a water-filled ring to keep flagpoles stable. Recommended for indoor use only.
- Drive-over bases work wonderfully well for Car Clubs and Motor Vehicle events. Pay attention to bonnet or vehicle clearance height as pole extensions may be required to maximise impact of the flags.
- Wall brackets can be used to display small to medium flags (up to 3.2m high) in a tidy and attractive way.