Feather Flag Bases | Options with Guide
Included in the price of each flag is a fillable base in black or white for use on any surface indoors or out, or a ground spike for use in soft ground such as grass or sand. These are shown as items 1 – 3 below. The fillable bases can be filled with sand or water (or a mixture of both)
As you can see, we have a full range of alternative base options. These vary in price but of course we deduct the value of the FREE fillable base from your order.
1. FREE fillable white
2. FREE fillable black
3. FREE ground spike
4. Drive over ‘A’
5. Drive over ‘B’
6. Cross base
7. Small flat metal white
8. Small flat metal black
9. Walltop rotating
10. 30° wall bracket
11. Parallel wall bracket
12. Large flat metal
13. Concrete white
14. Concrete black
15. Large fillable
16. FREE compact
17. Pole extensions
18. Log base
From forestry management
Flag Base Guide
If you need any help choosing the best base option for your flags, please let us know when you make the initial enquiry. Our guide below provides some useful information to help you make an informed decision.
- A fillable base is the most versatile option, as they are light to carry, weigh up to 20kg full and can be used indoors or outside.
- A ground spike is another straight forward solution for outdoor events. You will need a rubber mallet to secure them in the ground.
- Flat metal bases provide the most sleek and professional look, but they are relatively heavy.
- Concrete bases provide a sturdy outdoor solution, but will be difficult to move.
- Cross bases are neat and tidy but often require a water filled ring to keep flagpoles stable. Recommended for indoor use only.
- Drive over bases work wonderfully well for Car Clubs and Motor Vehicle events. Pay attention to bonnet or vehicle clearance height as pole extensions may be required to maximise impact of the flags.
- Wall brackets can be used to display small to medium flags (up to 3.2m high) in a tidy and attractive way.