About Promotional or Advertising Flags and the Differences between Sailflags, Feathers Flags & Teardrop Flags
What are Promotional Flags?
Promotional flags or Advertising Flags, are generally designed to promote products, brands, events, exhibitions and show stands, but their use is unlimited as naturally moving signage or point of sale.
Flags can be any shape or size, but 3 types are commonly used – Sail, Feather and Teardrop.
What are Sailflags or Sail Flags? A banner shaped flag, with a curved top, creating a sail effect.
Flags tend to be square or scooped at the bottom, according to aesthetic finish required.
What are Feather Flags or Banner Flags? Flags shaped like a banner with square edges top and bottom or feather shaped (almost identical to a Sailflag) with a straight, scooped or curved bottom.
What are Teardrop Flags? – Flags shaped like a tear with a large rounded top and angled edge to bottom of flag.
What is the difference between each flag?
Sailflags and Feather Flags will generally move naturally in a breeze or wind. Teardrop flags are static (although poles will rotate if secured within a rotational arm system)
Each flag shape provides a different size canvas for a variety of design needs.
What is the best shape to use?
Whilst there is no right or wrong shape to use, some logos and/or graphic illustrations often favour one design over another.
It’s always worthwhile discussing these with your graphic designer and printer during the pre-production process.
It is also worth considering whether you need the flag material to move or whether a static point of sale is sufficient for your needs.
Why are promotional and advertising flags so popular?
Promotional flags offer cost effective signage in full colour digital print. Sail flags and Feather Flags also offer natural movement, attracting the eye and creating a moving point of sale display.
Popular questions relating to advertising and promotional flags
Why should I use custom Feather Flags?
Full digital colour / eye catching display / portable / cost effective / re-useable
What material is your Feather Flag made of?
The flags are made from hardwearing knit polyester. We also supply a lighter polyester fabric more suited to indoor use. please ask for details.
What is the lifespan of your Feather Flag?
If you bring in your flags and flagpoles daily, we would expect at least 12 months use, although many customers feedback that 2-3 years use is not uncommon. Flags left exposed to the elements 24 hours a day would have a more limited lifespan, generally up to 6 months.
More information about Sailflags, Feather Flags and Teardrop Flags
- Enhanced Signage – Promotional Flags have been used for many decades now to either enhance other forms of traditional signage or replace old signage completely
- Cost Effective – Flags offer a cost effective medium for attracting attention to a business premises, advertising special offers or promoting a sale
- Light – Light material is generally used to produce these types of flags, so they need just a little breeze to come to life. Flagpoles and fillable bases keep system light and easy to carry
- Natural Movement – Feather Flags and Sail Flags provide a natural movement that engages with both advertisers and customers alike – providing an attractive moving advertising medium that is non-invasive, alluring and effective at bringing customers to a shop front or stand
- Modern – Teardrop Flags provide a modern curved and angled static point of sale.
Sailflags are one of the leading makers of promotional flags in the UK (established in 1999) All flags are made in-house in the UK and are custom made to any design or quantity. If you want great looking flags at competitive prices, we would love to hear from you.
Simply contact us for a free quotation.