About our Terms & Conditions
We are a family business dedicated to looking after our customers and will always go the extra mile to resolve any issues.
Our terms and conditions reflect the fact however, there are limits to what we can be reasonably expected to take responsibility for.
We ask all customers to review the following information prior to placing an order:
- Please check artwork carefully before approving order as we are unable to rectify mistakes without additional charge
- Printed samples may be required for optimum colour matching
- We are unable to refund orders due to unforeseen delays in delivery
- Please check that you have received the correct number of packages before signing for delivery as we cannot claim any compensation from the courier if all packages have been signed for
- Please check all items have been received within 48 hours to allow us to investigate any shortfalls otherwise we cannot guarantee items can be replaced without charge
Sailflags Terms & Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (“Products”) listed on our website www.sailflags.co.uk (“our site”) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please note that we limit our liability at paragraph 14 below. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US 1. Our site is a site operated by Green Image (“we/us/our”). Our main trading address is at 30 Lariggan Crescent, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4NH Sailflags is a trading name of Green Image Limited / Companies House Number: 06505009
2. YOUR STATUS 1. By placing an order through our site, you warrant that: a) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and b) You are at least 18 years old. c) That any files or artwork you send us are owned by you and have full copyright permission.
3. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US 1. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product or Products. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you once payment has been received or invoice issued (for customers with trading accounts) by electronic notification at the end of the ordering process (the “Order Confirmation”). We are unable to issue an Order Confirmation until such time as the ordering process is complete. The contract between us (“Contract”) will only be formed when we receive payment or promise of payment via Purchase Order Number. Once the Contract has been formed, the terms of the Contract cannot be varied without our prior written consent. 2. As the Products will have been made to your specification or personalised by you, you will not have any right to cancel the supply of any of the Products once you have placed an order.
4. USE OF OUR DESIGNS 1. All designs on our site or supplied are owned by us. If you wish to use those designs on your advertising material (such as vans and signage) or business stationery you must seek permission from us prior. A small charge may be incurred.
6. APPROVALS 1. Prior to producing the Products, we make an electronic proof of the Product available for your approval. You are responsible for approving these proofs. You accept that once you have approved the proof, the Products cannot be changed nor cancelled. We shall have no liability to you for any errors in the proof subsequently discovered by you. 2. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.
7. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY 1. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, your Products will be despatched for delivery in accordance with the delivery service chosen by you during the ordering process. 2. Where delivery is delayed due to exceptional circumstances, we will complete the work as soon as we reasonably can.
8. NON-DELIVERY 1. You must notify us within 2 working days of any failure on our part to deliver the Products in order that we can investigate the failure and take appropriate action.
9. QUALITY 1. We shall try to meet your colour requirements where files are submitted in CMYK format in respect of the Products. You accept that variations in colours are inherent within the printing process for files submitted in other formats. You also understand and accept that computer hardware set ups are such that we cannot guarantee that the Product colours will match those displayed on your computer screen during the ordering process.
10. RISK AND TITLE 1. The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery. 2. Ownership of the Products will pass to you on delivery.
11. PRICE AND PAYMENT 1. The price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. 2. These prices do not include VAT and delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due as set out in the quotation. 3. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation. 4. We do not store any credit or debit card data.
12. OUR REPLACEMENT POLICY 1. If you believe that a Product is defective, we may ask you to return them to us for our examination. The cost to return the item is at the customers cost however if we agree that the Products are defective and that we are at fault, we will reprint the products free of charge and may reimburse the charge incurred by the customer at our discretion.
13. CLAIMS 1. Claims for damage, shortages or non-delivery must be advised by phone or email within 24 hours from the date that the Products have been delivered. 2. We shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless we are notified in accordance with paragraph 13.1 except where you demonstrate to our reasonable satisfaction that it was not possible to comply with this requirement and your claim was made by you as soon as reasonably possible thereafter.
14. OUR LIABILITY 1. Our liability in connection with any Product purchased through our site is strictly limited to the purchase price of that Product (including delivery costs). 2. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability: a) For death or personal injury caused by our negligence; b) Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; c) For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or d) For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability. 3. Whether caused by our negligence, breach of contract or breach of duty, we exclude all liability for: a) Any direct loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time; or b) Any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind however arising, even if foreseeable.
15. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS 1. The Contract is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns. 2. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of yourrights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. 3. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
16. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL 1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). 2. A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: a) Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; b) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; c) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; d) Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; e) Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and f) The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government. 3. Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
17. WAIVER 1. If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. 2. A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. 3. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with paragraph 17 above.
18. SEVERABILITY 1. If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT 1. These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing. 2. We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions. 3. Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
20. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS 1. We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. 2. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Order Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
21. LAW AND JURISDICTION 1. Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Cancellations Please note that cancellations are not accepted once products have been printed. Where a cancellation is possible, we reserve the right to charge for any incurred work already carried out up to the date of written cancellation and deducted before any refunds are made.
Refund Policy If you are unhappy with any of your products please let us know within 5 working days of receipt in writing; you must receive confirmation of this via eMail that we have received your intent. If any of the items have already been used and not returned to us we will not be able to offer refunds or re-prints.
If we cannot find any reasonable fault with the items, we will not be able to refund or re-print; otherwise, we will be happy to refund or replace your goods.
Sailflags are not responsible for checking any of your files/artwork/spellings; all guidelines are specified on this site: However, for extra advice, please get in touch with our Team before ordering.
Our Team are here to help, so please ask questions and ask for advice prior to placing your order, if you need to. Refunds will not, under any circumstances, be given for delayed deliveries.
Sailflags, due to the volume of orders processed, are unable to guarantee any delivery dates; so if you have an urgent deadline, please ensure you check with us if turnaround will be at all possible.