As we edge ever closer to the end of the year, make sure you finish 2019 with a bang and prepare yourself for successful retail trading in 2020.
Here is our list of top tips to help you on your way.
- Plan your activity in advance and speak to suppliers regarding bulk discounts, promotions and extended terms. Every retail business needs ‘hooks’ in terms of engaging with passers by and existing customers. You will be surprised how receptive customers are to special offers.
- Make sure you secure as much POS (point of sale) material as possible and be creative in setting up a display. Take a leaf out of larger retailers books’ and present the offers beautifully. Customers will find it very hard to resist a good offer, especially if it’s presented well.
- Invest in outside signage that helps ‘flag’ your business premises. Moving signage often works best. If you have a tight budget and you have never tried flags before, give them a try. There is many different types available and they often move without much breeze, attracting the eye.
- Don’t run out of stock! Keep a daily eye on your most popular items and keep a healthy back stock.
- Talk to your customers and gauge what items they are shopping for this season. Try and identify items they are finding difficult to buy. Gauge what level of quality they are looking for. Gift up popular items and make it easier for your customers to buy for friends and family.
Sailflags have been producing flags, banners and displays for the retail sector for over 15 years.